• Latest News

    10 Apr 2015

    Luis Suarez Reveals he Turned Down Real Madrid offer for Barcelona

    Luis Suarez the Barcelona striker recently told the press in Spain that he turned down a possible transfer to Real Madrid before joining Barcelona.
    Suarez, who has always excelled at ingratiating him to his clubs' fans, has done the obvious thing by telling Barcelona fans that he rejected an offer from Real Madrid in order to join their club.
    Suarez told "El Partido de las 12" that he received an offer from Rea Madridl.
    "Yes, I spoke to them but said 'later'. They wanted me, but my dream was here," he said.
    "When I heard the name 'Barcelona' I didn't hesitate. Honestly, I never imagined Barcelona would come in and had no doubts at all once they did.
    "You never know what can happen in football but luckily I stuck around for Barca, which was what I wanted. It was the fulfilment of a dream I had had for so long."
    Barcelona and Suarez endured a tough time at the start of the season, with Lionel Messi finding it hard to adjust to life under Luis Enrique, and Suarez struggling for fitness and form after coming back from a lengthy ban for biting at the World Cup.
    And Suarez admitted it took time to adjust.
    "It wasn't that I had anxiety, but I felt like I had won a prize in a lottery and couldn't enjoy having fulfilled my dream," he added.
    "I felt like I had been invited to play rather but slowly that disappeared. Once I was alongside my peers I felt more comfortable."
    Since the turn of the year, Barcelona and Suarez have steadily improved, and they find themselves in contention for three major trophies: the Champions League, La Liga and the Copa del Rey. Suarez claims Barcelona have not considered the treble so far.
    "No, I tell you sincerely that we are not talking in the dressing room about winning three titles," he said.
    "We are in the race for three trophies. We have the Copa final, which we will forget now until May 30; the league depends on ourselves and we must think game by game because every game is difficult.
    "The Champions is not a lottery, but at this stage the best teams are in contention and anyone can challenge. You just do not know what can happen."
    Like Real Madrid?
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 blogger-facebook:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Luis Suarez Reveals he Turned Down Real Madrid offer for Barcelona Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
    Scroll to Top