• Latest News

    5 Nov 2014

    Victor Moses: I am still good enough to be in Chelsea's colour


    Nigeria international and Stoke City for­ward Victor Moses has told Jose Mourinho that he is still good enough to be in Chelsea colours after his stint with Stoke City stressing that he is not willing to push for a permanent place in the City side.


    Moses told Stoke Senti­nel that though he would be giving his best to City but would be looking forward to returning to the Chelsea first team at the end of the season when his loan spell would have ended.

    The 23-year-old forward who has been in blistering form for the Potters since moving to the Britannia Stadium from the Chelsea said his aim is to ensure Stoke City finish well on the league table before thinking about his future.

    “I’m still a Chelsea play­er. I am here to help Stoke as a club to make sure they are in the right position in the Premier League,” Mo­ses told Stoke Sentinel.

    “And I will keep work­ing hard and trying to help the team as long as I am here.

    Moses also made known his innocence following an attack from Swansea manager Gary Monk that he dived to win a penalty against them in an English Premier League encounter.

    “If you look at the pic­ture, there was contact. To be honest, he (Monk) shouldn’t have said that. That’s the mistake he made.

    “It was a clear penalty. My conscience is clear, I got a penalty and now we move on.

    “That really meant a lot to me, everyone support­ing me. The chairman in the paper, everyone was behind me and I was very pleased with that.”

    He says Stoke support­ers seem to have embraced him from day one and that has helped him settle after an unproductive campaign on loan at Anfield last sea­son.

    “The fans have been fan­tastic for me so far. Singing my name really helps me to go out determined to work even harder to help keep the club in a good position and to keep the fans happy.

    “I just want to play foot­ball and obviously the manager has given me the opportunity. I’m starting to enjoy my football again.”

    Moses has started eight of Stoke’s 10 Premier League games and he scored his first league goal for the club in his side’s 2-2 draw with West Ham.
    credit: Sunnewsonline
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 blogger-facebook:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Victor Moses: I am still good enough to be in Chelsea's colour Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
    Scroll to Top