• Latest News

    23 Jun 2014

    Ekiti State Election: How I Won by Peter Ayodele Fayose


    Mr. Peter Ayodele Fayose the Ekiti State Governor-elect yesterday said he won the election because of his past performance and catering for the welfare of the people. So many people have being thinking the election was not fair, but for him, he has expressed that the election was a good one and a free and fair one also. he also tells how he defeated his his river in an interview with some  journalists yesterday in Ekiti.

    "It is the Lord’s doing. I want to recall that my removal in 2006 remains a mystery to the common man on the streets but they never left me for a day, they believed in me. I want to equally let you know that I was left with the people without money, eight years in the wilderness. My charge to every politician is to target the poor people. They will not come and ask you for contracts, all they want is to have their lives improved, to which they believe I have an answer.
    I do things a governor is expected to do. For me, I am a grassroots man and because of the way I operate with them, they call me Senior Advocate of the Masses. So, I want to continue that trend, I want to identify with them continuously. I will not leave them. So, the strategy is, when you are voted into power, don’t forget that 4 years is a short time. 

    “On our part, over the course of the campaigns, we presented our scorecards before the people of Ekiti State. We never at any point took your support for granted. We campaigned, we canvassed and we traversed the nooks and crannies of this state. Our performance and achievements in office will remain the backdrop against which the next government and indeed future governments will be assessed. We are proud that with the support of Ekiti people, we have raised the bar of excellence in governance. In all, we gave our best, for conscience and for posterity.
    Ayo Fayose, 53, was governor of Ekiti from 29 May 2003 to 16 October 2006. He was removed from office by the Obasanjo administration. He fled the country but returned after Obasanjo left power.




    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 blogger-facebook:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Ekiti State Election: How I Won by Peter Ayodele Fayose Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
    Scroll to Top